12 June 2012

traveling moon

the moon's in Aries today, so although it's not the beginning of this month's moon cycle (which is the new moon), it is the beginning of the zodiac, so I suppose it's as good a time as any to start tracking it. again. I started last month but only got five or six days in. All you do is look at the moon every day and see how it aspects your chart. That's it. This helps you to understand how different signs, transits, affect you. Since the moon is the fastest moving "planet" in our solar system (goes through all the signs of the zodiac in 28 days), it's the easiest to see the effects.

I usually end up noting some other aspects in the sky or in my chart, just because. A couple terms I'll use are transiting, which just refers to the current sky- where all the planets are right now, like what you see to the right of this post. The other is natal, which refers to my particular chart.

Anyway- right now, the moon's at 7* Aries. This almost exactly conjuncts my Venus in Aries, and roughly my sun and mercury (they're both in Pisces, but within 10*).

The moon is going to exactly conjunct Uranus soon, which is at 8* Aries. Uranus is known for being erratic, distant, independent... and in Aries, all that energy is on fire. As the moon gets nearer to that degree, it gets more intense. If you're moon-ruled, I'm guessing you'll be feeling this. Even if you're not. Not necessarily bad, but I could see hastiness being a side effect of this, (be safe driving/walking/getting around), with decisions, or whatever. It could also be a really great day to start something new, if this energy is feeding you. Doesn't get much more cardinal than Aries- I'm seeing today as a go day for the next step you want to take in whatever area of life.

What else... Transiting Venus is in Gemini, but retrograde. Venus rules relationships, love, relationships, pretty things... And retrogrades are all for reexamining our relationships, maybe you're revisiting an old issue within one, maybe you're taking some time apart, maybe you've run into someone from the past... Maybe you're trying to figure out how you want to live. This is all happening for me in my 9th house, which is focused on travel, higher learning, spirituality. And I did do some extensive traveling a couple weeks ago. :) And I just want to do more... insatiable. I've also noticed how I've been slacking on things I love doing... creative things... photography, writing, other stuff. Blogging. So I'm trying to do more stuff. :P

Okay, so I didn't really write too much about how the moon's affecting my chart. I'm feeling really tired out think I need to make some coffee and have a snack... Did a LOT of running around all day. Now I'm sitting in my recliner writing this and I kind of feel like I'm floating... taking it as a sign to do something else. ;) I'm not sure how clear all this is, so any questions/comments, let me know.. :)

somewhere in new mexico

1 comment: