23 August 2012

a taste of feng shui

Feng Shui is an interest of mine that, admittedly, I have not indulged as much as I'd like. However, there a few principles that spoke to me, and I thought that I would share them for anyone else who might be interested. :)

Feng Shui is, at it's core, pretty common sense stuff. For example, in the bedroom, the bed should be positioned so that when you're laying in bed, if someone were to enter your bedroom, you would see them before they're actually in the room. Which makes sense, because obviously it's nice to not be surprised by someone entering your room (gets rid of that stress), plus it's good for the flow of the room.

Again, I don't know a whole lot, but I do know that each house, room within the house, has a bagua, which serves as a map of what different areas of the room represent. The bedroom represents your relationship, and within that there are aspects of it represented as well. The one I know the most about is the relationship corner of your bedroom.

 It's easy to find; the farthest corner of the room from the bedroom door. In this corner you want to make sure it has minimal clutter, clean of dust and cobwebs, and have something that reminds you of love/your relationship if you are in one. Could be photos, or a little altar of sorts with things that represent what's important to you in love- stones, crystals, a card deck of some sort with a favorite card drawn, a quote written out- you get the point. ;) And I hope I don't sound tooo hippie-dippie with that last sentence! heh.

Other tips for the bedroom: having both sides of the bed be adequately lit with a lamp on a bedside table or dresser, with enough walking room on either side of the bed, so neither side is cramped or blocked off with obstacles. (See? Common sense.) Touches of red are nice, too. I read somewhere that red sheets are good, especially for king sized beds- since they are so big, and create distance (which personally I prefer, I really stretch out, ha), the color red symbolically unites both sides. Sounds good to me. ;)

What do you think? Have you applied any Feng Shui concepts to your home or workspace?

faery house in coastal new hampshire.
instagram  carolinedilz

No comments:

Post a Comment