08 August 2013

Rough Days

Today was a rough day.

It's kind of been a rough week.

I can think of possible reasons- settling back into our "normal" routine after travel/having company. Everyone in the dang house having terrible and less sleep than usual, which is never a story for success. Or maybe we're all just grumpy for no good reason.

Some people seem to be easily able to pull themselves out of such slumps. I wish I were one of them. I have a history with depression, and I can recognize some of its symptoms within me on days like today, weeks like this week. I feel like time is flying and I'm not doing all the things I need/want to do. I need to slow down. I need more self-care. I think I will skip out on coffee for the rest of the week, even though I just picked up half a pound of Jim's Organic Sweet Love dark roast blend, and it will be tortuous not indulging myself in the morning when I feel like I can't even function. I need a pause from the jittery mental state.

Today was a day where my emotions got the better of me. I had to remember to give hugs, show love, to diffuse some power struggles. And yes, I'm having a margarita as I type this.

What's the point of this? Oh. I suppose, I'm trying to say that we all have rough days (or weeks), and it's okay. I think it's part of the human condition. We don't need to get hung up on hating ourselves for it. Take care of yourself, do or watch something silly to lift your spirits, whatever. Learn from today to make tomorrow better.

xoxo Thanks for reading.






No comments:

Post a Comment